We want to hear from you. Take the 2016 Summit Survey to share your feedback.
Thank you to the individuals and organizations that participated in the 2016 Defense Communities National Summit. Nearly 600 leaders from local and state governments, DoD, the military services, Congress and defense industry came together to share information and gain knowledge on the transitional year ahead. Session presentations are now available. Click on the session to view the link.
2016 will bring plenty of transitions, changes and challenges. Our nation’s military installations and the communities that support them have a mission that is more critical than ever. This mission and the understanding of what it takes to be ‘at the ready’ was the theme of the 2016 National Summit. Key issues facing defense communities and installation issues that were discussed include:
- Preparing for leadership transition and the changes it will bring
- Responding to the evolving needs of mission, emerging threats, and technology
- Creating great communities for our service members and families
- Supporting infrastructure sustainment and defending against cuts
- Understanding the impacts of force restructuring, budget challenges, and policy directions